About the program
The Pomona Youth Opportunity Program guides youth on their way to become self-sufficient and productive adult community members. The program achieves its goals by placing youth in regular employment, helping them receive a high school diploma or equivalent, and transitioning them into higher education.
Based on the Workforce Investment Act (WIA) of 1998 guidelines, youth must:
- Be between the ages of 16 to 21
- Be a resident of Pomona
- Qualify under low income guidelines
- Have barriers to employment (i.e., below 8.9 grade reading/math level, pregnant/parenting youth, ex-offender, homeless, drop out, IEP, etc.)
- Be a legal resident of the U.S.
- Males 18 and over must be registered with Selective Service
No cost Program Services offered:
- Employment preparation training
- Case management
- Individual service strategy development
- Educational services
- Vocational training
- Leadership development
Goodwill Southern Califronia
264 E. Monterey Ave.
Pomona, CA 91767
Mon – Thur 9am – 6pm; Fri 8am – 5pm