GOODWILL SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
EARTH DAY SWEEPSTAKES
OFFICIAL RULES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS
You must read the following rules, terms and conditions before submitting any entries, and by submitting, acknowledge that you agree to these rules, terms and conditions.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: No purchase is necessary to participate in or win this Sweepstakes.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Employees of Goodwill Southern California, Goodwill Retail Services, Goodwill Industries International, Brand Knew, LLC and all related affiliates and organizations, agents, employees, officers, contractors and agents (hereinafter “Related Entities”), and their immediate families, are not eligible. Sweepstakes subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
2. SPONSORS: The Sponsors of this Sweepstakes are Goodwill Southern California and Goodwill Retail Services (collectively, “Sponsors”).
3. CONDITIONS AND METHOD OF ENTRY: By entering this Sweepstakes you are granting Sponsors the right to upload content and photos submitted through this process to its Facebook and web pages, using your name, city and state of residence. As conditions of entry into this Sweepstakes, and by uploading and entering content and/or a photo, each entrant warrants and represents that his or her entry complies with the Official Rules, Terms and Conditions. Sponsors have final approval of any language or content that appears on its Facebook page and web site and may not promote or endorse third-party products, services, trademarked or registered articles, or language, items or content deemed inappropriate or offensive by Sponsors in its sole discretion, and such images may be deemed inadmissible and corresponding entries may be disqualified. Each photo entry must be submitted electronically, by only one of the three following methods:
- Entry in the Sweepstakes requires registration on the Facebook custom tab located on the Goodwill Southern California Facebook page. Individuals 18 years of age or older who have “liked” the Facebook page must then go to the “Earth Day Sweepstakes” tab at the top of the page enter their legal name, contact e-mail address, city and state of residence, phone number and post how the participant is “doing Good and doing Green this Earth Day.” No purchase is required. Only completed entries will be accepted. By entering this Sweepstakes you are granting Sponsors the right to upload posts submitted through this process to its Facebook and web pages, using your name, likeness, city and state of residence.
- Should entrants 18 years of age or older chose not to use Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to submit your Sweepstakes photo entry, you may e-mail your photo and caption to Sweepstakes@goodwillsocal.org, and include your legal name, contact e-mail address, city and state of residence, and phone number in the body of the e-mail. Entries submitted through e-mail that do not include this information will be disqualified. No purchase is required. By entering this Sweepstakes you are granting Sponsors the right to upload photos submitted through this process to its Facebook and web pages, using your name, likeness, city and state of residence.
Sponsors are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, or otherwise misdirected entries that are processed late or incorrectly or are lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or other error. Online Entries must include a valid e-mail address for the entrant. Sponsors and their Related Entities and assigns are not responsible for any problems or technical, hardware, or software malfunctions of any telephone network or telephone lines, failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by the Sponsors due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion, unavailable network connections on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. All entries become the property of the Sponsors and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsors reserves the right to, in its sole discretion, cancel, modify or suspend the any portion of this Sweepstakes (or the entire Sweepstakes) should any computer virus, bugs or other technical difficulty or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsors corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes.
4. ELIGIBILITY AND JUDGING: Sweepstakes winner will be chosen completely at random within the Short Stack Facebook Sweepstakes application. Sponsors shall determine winner eligibility in its sole and absolute discretion. All decisions made by the sponsors are final.
5. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Online entries can be uploaded starting 12:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on April 10th, 2014. Deadline for submitting entries is 11:59 pm Pacific Standard Time on April 27, 2014. Winners will be announced on or before May 31, 2014.
6. CLAIMING PRIZES/RELEASES: Winners are required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and a liability and publicity release (unless prohibited by law), a W-9 Form and any additional documents that may be required by Sponsors, within seven (7) days of notification. If selected potential Prize Winner fails to comply with the Official Rules and/or to submit required documentation within the designated period, or the Prize is undeliverable, Prize Winner will be disqualified and the Prize will be awarded to an alternate Winner. Prize will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible entries are received and properly claimed. Eligibility, age, and claims made by Prize Winner are subject to verification. Prize(s) will be sent to verified Winner(s) by mail.
7. PRIZES AND WINNING PHOTOS: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will be selected at random as determined by the Short Stack Facebook Sweepstakes app. Distribution of the prize is subject to verification of an affidavit of eligibility and a liability and publicity release by the winning entrants. No substitution of prizes is offered, except at the sole discretion of Sponsors. Prizes are nontransferable. All winners are solely responsible for any state and federal taxes on his/her Prize. The Grand Prize Winner will receive one Kindle Fire and a $25 Amazon Gift Certificate. Any difference between the actual value and the ARV will not be awarded. Only one Prize will be awarded per post/photo entry. The Prize Winner is solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prize, and all other expenses, costs or fees associated with the acceptance and/or use of any prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution, cash redemption, assignment, or transfer of any prize permitted, but the Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event that an offered prize is unavailable for any reason. Prize Winner must supply the Sponsors with his/her social security number for tax purposes. If Prize Winner notification or Prize is returned as undeliverable, Prize Winner is ineligible, or Prize Winner declines a Prize, an alternate winner will be selected from among all remaining entries. If your post/photo entry is selected as the Grand Prize Winner, you grant Sponsors a nonexclusive right to use your name, city, state and country of residence in connection with the Earth Day Sweepstakes, promotions and other publications and broadcasts and to publish the photos submitted for Sponsors promotional and advertising purposes in any format or medium, including but not limited to the Goodwill Southern California website, publications and presentations, such as newsletters, annual reports, brochures, public service announcements, grant proposals, awards, displays, mailings, invitations and paid or non-paid print and broadcast advertising.
8. LEGAL CONDITIONS: By entering this Sweepstakes, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Sponsors and Related Entities from any and all third party liability for any injuries, loss, claim, action, demand or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the competition (collectively, “Losses”), including without limitation any third party claim for copyright infringement or a violation of an individual’s right to privacy and/or publicity right. The Sweepstakes shall be construed and evaluated according to the laws of the United States and applicable state and local laws. The Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law. Each entrant in the Sweepstakes (“Entrant”) is responsible for ensuring that he or she has the right to submit the photos that he or she submits to the Sweepstakes per these rules. You agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved with Goodwill Southern California, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, before a court of competent jurisdiction located in Los Angeles, California, which court shall apply the laws of the State of California without regard for rules of conflicts of law. IN ANY SUCH DISPUTE, PARTICIPANT SHALL NOT BE ENTITLED TO ANY PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS’ FEES, OR ANY DAMAGES OTHER THAN PARTICIPANT’S ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES (IF ANY) ASSOCIATED WITH PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR INCREASED. The Sweepstakes and Sponsors’ web site are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied.
Sponsors are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by the Sponsors due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. Sponsors are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by web site users or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the photo competition, or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of submissions to the photo competition, including but not limited to any misprints or typographical errors or distortions of any photo image. Sponsors assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Sponsors are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer equipment, servers, providers, computer online systems, software, failure of email on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or for any other cause, including injury or damage to participant’s or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or uploading images or information in the photo Sweepstakes.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a winner based on an e-mail address or authorized Facebook account holder (deemed to be the natural person who is assigned to a Facebook profile) of record at the time of the Sweepstakes Period, the winning entry will be declared made by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the e-mail address or Facebook account submitted at time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address of Facebook Account during the Sweepstakes Period, by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, Facebook, or other organization (e.g., business, education institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted entry. Use of automated devices are not valid for entry.
If, for any reason, the photo competition is not capable of completion as planned, including but not limited to, any reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsors that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the photo competition, Sponsors reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the photo competition without penalty.
9. WINNERS LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To receive the name of the Winner (available after May 31, 2014), or a copy of the Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope to be received by July 15, 2014, to: Goodwill Southern California, Earth Day Sweepstakes Winners, 342 N. San Fernando Road, Los Angeles, CA, 90031. Please specify “Official Rules” or “Winners List” on the outer envelope.