GOODWILL SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA FASHIONISTA SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR RECEIVE A PRIZE
1. SWEEPSTAKES ENTRANTS AND PRIZE RECIPIENTS MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Employees of Goodwill Industries of Southern California, Goodwill Retail Services, Goodwill Industries International, Epiphany Marketing LLC, Splash Media LLC, and all related affiliates and organizations, agents, employees, officers, contractors and agents (hereinafter “Related Entities”), and their immediate families are not eligible. Sweepstakes subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
2. SPONSORS: The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Goodwill Industries of Southern California (“GSC”).
3. HOW TO ENTER: This Sweepstakes begins on Thursday, July 28, 2011, and ends at 12:00AM (PST) on Sunday, August 28, 2011 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Entry in the contest requires registration on the Facebook custom tab located on the Goodwill Southern California Facebook page. Individuals who have “liked” the page must then go to the “Fashionista Sweepstakes” tab at the top of the page and enter their information into the drawing. Sponsors are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, or otherwise misdirected entries that are processed late or incorrectly or are lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or other error. Online Entries must include a valid e-mail address for the entrant. GSC and their Related Entities and assigns are not responsible for any problems or technical, hardware, or software malfunctions of any telephone network or telephone lines, failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by the Sponsors due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion, unavailable network connections on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. All entries become the property of the Sponsors and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsors reserves the right to, in its sole discretion, cancel, modify or suspend the any portion of this Sweepstakes (or the entire Sweepstakes) should any computer virus, bugs or other technical difficulty or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsors corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes.
4. WINNER SELECTION: Prize Winner(s) (the “Winner(s)”) will be selected at random within 14 days of the Contest Period. Winner will be notified by email and, or telephone. If the Sponsor is unable to notify the selected winner, or if the selected winner is unable or unwilling to claim the prize, a second entry will be selected at random, and so on, until the prize is awarded and claimed at Goodwill Southern California’s Los Angeles Campus, 342 N. San Fernando Rd., Los Angeles, CA, 90031. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error in these Official Rules, or the Sweepstakes itself, and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions of the Sponsor, who may conduct prize drawings and whose decisions are binding and final in all respects relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. If the Prize notification or the Prize is undeliverable, the Prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Prize will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible entries are received and properly claimed.
5. PRIZE: Two Prizes: Each Prize consists of one women’s and one men’s outfit. Winners may elect a $150 Gift Card good at Goodwill Southern California retail stores. The Approximate Retail Value of the Prize: (ARV) $150. Any difference between the actual value and the ARV will not be awarded. Prize Winner is solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prize, and all other expenses, costs or fees associated with the acceptance and/or use of any prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution, cash redemption, assignment, or transfer of any prize permitted, but the Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event that an offered prize is unavailable for any reason. Prize Winner must supply the Sponsors with his/her social security number for tax purposes. If Prize Winner notification or Prize is returned as undeliverable, Prize Winner is ineligible, or Prize Winner declines a prize, an alternate winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all remaining entries.
6. CLAIMING PRIZES/RELEASES: Winners are required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and a liability and publicity release (unless prohibited by law), within fourteen (14) days of notification. If selected potential Prize Winner fails to comply with the Official Rules and/or to submit required documentation within the designated period, Prize Winner will be disqualified and the Prize will be awarded to an alternate winner. Eligibility, age, and claims made by Prize Winner are subject to verification. The Prize Winner must claim their prize in person at the physical address of the organization. Travel expenses will NOT be paid.
7. GENERAL: By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants and Prize Winner: (1) agree to be bound by these Official Rules; (2) agrees to release Sponsor and the Related Entities from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, costs or expenses, including without limitation property damages, personal injury and/or death arising out of participating in this Sweepstakes, or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery; and (3) Prize Winner consents to the use of his/her name, voice, picture, and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes in any medium throughout the world in perpetuity without additional compensation unless prohibited by law. PARTICIPANTS AND WINNERS AGREE THAT THE SPONSOR AND RELATED ENTITIES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND WILL BE HELD HARMLESS FOR ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, AND PROPERTY, DUE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITY. Subject to all federal, state and local laws. Void where prohibited.
8. INTERNET: If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned due to an infection by a computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsors which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsors reserves the right at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes, at which time, Sponsors will conduct a random drawing from among all eligible entries received at the time of the Sweepstakes termination. The Sponsors assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries. The Sponsors is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by the Sponsors due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a winner based on an e-mail address or authorized Facebook account holder (deemed to be the natural person who is assigned to a Facebook profile) of record at the time of the Contest Period, the winning entry will be declared made by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the e-mail address or Facebook account submitted at time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address of Facebook Account during the Sweepstakes Period, by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, Facebook, or other organization (e.g., business, education institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted entry. Use of automated devices are not valid for entry.
9. WINNERS LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To receive a list of the Winners (available after ), or a copy of the Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope to be received by September 21, 2011, to: Goodwill Southern California Fashionista August Sweepstakes Winners, Goodwill Southern California, 342 N. San Fernando Road, Los Angeles, CA, 90031. Please specify “Official Rules” or “Winners List” on the outer envelope.