Goodwill Southern California World Record Earth Day Sweepstakes Official Rules
No purchase necessary to enter or win. Void where prohibited.
1. Prize(s): Prize(s) will be awarded on or before 6-29-12.
2. Sponsors: Goodwill Industries of Southern California (DBA Goodwill Southern California), Universal Studios HollywoodSM, and Sheraton Universal Hotel.
3. Eligibility: Open to all legal residents of the United States, and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico.) Entrants must be 18 years of age or older to qualify for prize. Employees of Goodwill Southern California, Goodwill Retail Services, Goodwill Industries International, Universal Studios HollywoodSM, Sheraton Universal Hotel and all related affiliates and organizations, agents, employees, officers, contractors, and immediate family or persons living in the same household are not eligible.
4. How to enter: Entries must be submitted by 9:00 pm on 4-22-12. Valid entries must include the following accurate and true information: first name, last name, telephone number and active e-mail address. Entries must be received by contest deadline. Ineligible, illegible or inaccurate entries will be void.
5. Number of entries: One entry per person, per day, confirmed with a valid e-mail address.
6. Prize drawing: A winner will be selected at random on or before 6-29-12. If the selected winner is unable or unwilling to claim the prize, a second entry will be selected at random, and so on, until the prize is awarded and claimed at Goodwill Southern California’s Los Angeles Campus (located at 342 N. San Fernando Rd., Los Angeles, CA, 90031.) Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received and cannot be calculated in advance. By participating in the sweepstakes, participant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules, and by all decisions of Sponsors.
7. Notification of winners and prize acceptance: Winner will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail. The winner will have one week from the date of notification to claim, complete and sign a notarized affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release, and pick up the prize at Goodwill Southern California’s LA Campus, or to make arrangements to pick up the prize as agreed. Once the winner has been confirmed, the winner will be announced on the goodwillsocal.org site.
8. Substitution of prizes: Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a comparable gift of equal or greater value.
9. By entering this Sweepstakes participants agree to the following terms: Goodwill Southern California, Goodwill Retail Services, Goodwill Industries International, Universal City Studios LLC dba Universal Studios HollywoodSM, Sheraton Universal Hotel, and all related affiliates and organizations, agents, employees, officers and contractors are not responsible for technical difficulties, errors or mistakes, including any errors or mistakes in these Official Rules, or for any lost, misdirected or damaged entries. Goodwill Southern California, Goodwill Retail Services, Goodwill Industries International, Universal Studios HollywoodSM, Sheraton Universal Hotel, and all related affiliates and organizations, agents, employees, officers, and contractors are not liable, whatsoever, for any injuries, losses, claims or damages of any kind which relate to or arising from possession, acceptance, pick-up, use, misuse or misdirection of any prize or participation in the Sweepstakes. The selection of a winner and the prize award is final. All entries are the property of Sponsors and will not be returned. All entrants agree to receive e-mail notifications from Sponsors. Entrants may opt out at any time by unsubscribing. To receive a prize, winner agrees to sign an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release confirming that he/she meets all requirements to qualify for the prize and releasing Sponsors and its affiliates from any liability associated with the Sweepstakes. E-mail address, name and phone number must be accurate to qualify.
10. By accepting a prize, winner agrees to the following terms: All taxes, airfare, transportation and any other expenses related to or resulting from claiming the prize are the responsibility of the winner. Trip expiration date is 12-30-2012. Blackout dates apply. Any attempt by an entrant to interfere with the operations of the Sweepstakes will result in disqualification of that entrant; Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages from any such entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law. If, in the Sponsors’ opinion, there is any suspected or actual tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if technical or other difficulties outside of the Sponsors’ control compromise the integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsors reserve the right to terminate the Sweepstakes and in such event to select winners through a random drawing from among all valid entries received before such termination or, at Sponsors’ option, to terminate the Sweepstakes without awarding the remaining prizes. All entries are the property of the Sponsors. Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash. BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU RELEASE AND HOLD SPONSORS AND ALL RELATED AFFILIATES AND ORGANIZATIONS, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, AND CONTRACTORS HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, CLAIMS AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES OR RESULTING FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF, OR DEFECTS IN, A PRIZE, OR PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION CLAIMS BASED ON PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, PROPERTY LOSS OR DAMAGE, PUBLICITY OR PRIVACY RIGHTS, AND/OR DEFAMATION. Sponsors may use the winner’s image, quotes, name and/or likeness for publicity purposes without further compensation. Winner must sign an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release.
11. Winner’s lists: For a copy of a List of Winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope, except where prohibited by law, to Goodwill Southern California, Attn: Goodwill Earth Day Sweepstakes 2012, 342 N. San Fernando Rd., Los Angeles, CA, 90031.