Dear Valued Shoppers, Donors and Job Seekers:
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve we want to share the actions Goodwill Southern California is taking in our stores, donation centers and employment centers to address the situation. These include:
- Increased frequency of janitorial and cleaning processes: Disinfecting counters, shopping carts, door handles, credit card terminals, computer keyboards and other high touch surfaces
- Team member health: Asking our employees to take preventive measures including frequent hand washing, social distancing, and staying home if they are experiencing flu-like symptoms
- Hiring Events: Based on the recommendation of state and local officials to limit large gatherings, we have postponed all hiring events at our employment centers
As an employer of over 3,000 people in Los Angeles, Riverside and San Bernardino Counties, Goodwill Southern California is committed to the health and safety of our shoppers, donors, employees and job seekers. Our social enterprise provides employment services for individuals with disabilities and disadvantages in our community, including veterans, at-risk youth, the homeless, and people formerly incarcerated.
We deeply appreciate your ongoing support of our mission to Transform Lives Through the Power of Work. Your commitment to shop and donate will enable us to continue to provide essential employment services in our local communities.
Our stores, donation centers, and employment centers remain open. We are also available 24/7 at shopgoodwill.com to meet your online shopping needs.
Kirn Pitamber is giving us the ultimate thriftspiration with her autumn must-haves. Embrace the season and stock up on all your fall essentials at Goodwill SoCal today. Watch here.
Goodwill SoCal is your Halloween headquarters for creative costumes and décor at deeply discounted prices. CLICK HERE to find a store near you and create your own one-of-a-kind masterpiece!
DIY Costume Ideas
This Halloween…all eyes on YOU! Let your creativity shine when you shop at Goodwill SoCal stores this spooky season. Take a classic costume idea and add your own twist to make a unique DIY creation. Get inspired with our ideas below.
@goodwillsocal Goodwill SoCal is your Halloween Headquarters! 🎃🕸🦇#spookyszn #halloween #halloweenthrift #Goodwill #goodwillsocal #thrifttok #halloweentok ♬ Halloween – KenZie DarkStar
Click on our Halloween Lookbook for more costume inspo.
Frightenly Cool Décor
Click on the photos below for some bone-chilling decorations and Halloween hacks!
Show Us How YOU Halloween!
And keep an eye here for our upcoming Halloween Costume Contest!
Join social media influencer Shannon Kelly, owner of Dearly Discarded Designs, as she shops at our Atwater Village Retail Store for treasures in honor of National Thrift Shop Day. Watch here.
Miss Ellie Honeybee is ready for the upcoming school year with her #GoodwillSoCalFinds! She thrifted unique, budget-friendly looks, books, and accessories at Goodwill SoCal. Watch here.
The fall semester is right around the corner, and Goodwill SoCal offers tips on shopping for back-to-school clothes. Watch here.
Get inspired to mix vintage pieces thrifted from Goodwill SoCal with contemporary brands! Don’t miss this summer thrift haul with stylist and creative director, Doug Hickman. Watch here.
Go behind-the-scenes of Goodwill Southern California with Tori Kobayashi, founder of Nostalgic Threadz. Learn about the lifecycle of a donation, our sorting process, what happens to unsellable items, and more. Watch here.
Summer is practically here! Come thrifting with Claire Chiaromonte at our Atwater Village Retail Store for summer outfit finds. ☀️ Watch her latest Instagram Reel here.
Watch Tori Kobayashi, founder of Nostalgic Threadz, style her latest #GoodwillSoCal thrift finds at our Atwater Village Retail Store. Watch here.
Taking a vacation this summer? Share a pic of your Goodwill SoCal summer look on Instagram or Facebook for a chance to win a $50 ARCO gas card! Be sure to tag @GoodwillSoCal and #GSCSummerRoadTrip. Contest ends June 5, 2022 at 11:59pm PT.
OFFICIAL RULES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW
No purchase necessary to enter or win
1. CONTEST PROMOTIONAL PERIOD. The Goodwill Southern California (GSC) Summer Road Trip Contest begins Friday, May 27, 2022 at 9:00 am and ends on June 5, 2022 at 11:59pm PT (“promotion period”). Each participant agrees to the rules of this contest promotion. GSC has the right to cancel contest promotion at any time.
2. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS. Eligibility to win one of four $50 ARCO gas cards is open to individuals over age 18. Contest promotion is offered and open only to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia. Contest promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations. By participating, entrants agree to these official rules and accept decisions of GSC as final. The contest promotion is offered in the United States only and shall be construed and evaluated, according to U.S. federal, state and local laws. One entry per person; one winner announced. Employees of Goodwill Southern California, Goodwill Retail Services, Goodwill Industries International, Brand Knew, LLC, ARCO, and all related affiliates and organizations, agents, employees, officers, contractors and agents (hereinafter “Related Entities”), and their immediate families, are not eligible. Contest subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
3. HOW TO ENTER & GENERAL CONDITIONS. Entrants are eligible to win (one entry per person) by following these instructions on our Instagram and Facebook posts, published on Friday, May 27, 2022:
1. Share a pic of your summer look with the hashtag #GSCSummerRoadTrip + tag @GoodwillSoCal (make sure your profile is public!)
2. Like this post and follow our page @goodwillsocal
3. BONUS POINTS: Tag your road trip buddies in the comments.
1. In the comments below, share a pic of your summer look.
2. You must like/follow @GoodwillSoCal
3. BONUS POINTS: Tag your road trip buddies in the comments.
4. PRIZES/VALUE. One qualifying prize winner will receive a $50 ARCO gas card. A total of 4 ARCO gas cards will be rewarded (2 prizes per social channel). No purchase necessary.
5. DRAWING. A winner will be selected at random at the end of the contest. The winner will be notified via Instagram and/or Facebook Messenger at the end of the contest. The winner must respond to GSC within 24 hours of notification and include all contact information (name, home/cell phone numbers, and e-mail address) in order to claim the prize. E-mail address, name and phone number must be accurate to qualify. In the event that GSC does not receive confirmation from the winner within 24 hours, an alternate winner will be selected and notified through the same process. This procedure will continue until GSC notifies and receives confirmation from a winner. The selection of a winner and the prize award is final.
All entrants agree to allow GSC and/or its designees the perpetual right to use his/her name, biographical information, photo, and/or likeness (real or simulated), and statements for contest promotion, advertising, marketing and publicity purposes in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide in perpetuity, including but not limited to on the world wide web and internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation except where prohibited by law. In this regard, all entrants hereby agree to sign and deliver to GSC any and all documents that GSC may deem necessary or desirable in order to confirm such grant of publicity rights.
6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: GSC is not responsible for printing or typographical errors in any related materials; stolen, fraudulent entries or email; or transactions that are processed or lost due to computer or electronic malfunctions. GSC is not responsible for entries not received or delayed due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outages or delays, computer or mobile device difficulties, or other technological glitches. By entering the contest promotion, entrant releases GSC against any claims and liabilities arising from this contest promotion.
7. SPONSORS are Goodwill Southern California. Any questions shall be directed to email@example.com.