GOODWILL SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
“Share The Goodwill Love” Contest
OFFICIAL RULES, TERMS, AND CONDITIONS
You must read the following rules, terms, and conditions before submitting any photo entries, and by submitting, acknowledge that you agree to these rules, terms, and conditions.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: No purchase is necessary to participate in or win this contest.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Employees of Goodwill Southern California, Goodwill Retail Services, Goodwill Industries International, Brand Knew, LLC and all related affiliates and organizations, agents, employees, officers, contractors and agents (hereinafter “Related Entities”), and their immediate families, are not eligible. Contest subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
2. SPONSORS: The Sponsors of this Contest are Goodwill Southern California and Goodwill Retail Services (collectively, “Sponsors”).
3. CONDITIONS AND METHOD OF ENTRY: By entering this Contest you are granting Sponsors the right to upload photos submitted through this process to its Facebook and web pages, using your name, city, and state of residence. As conditions of entry into this Contest, and by uploading and entering a photo, each entrant warrants and represents that his or her photo complies with the Official Rules, Terms, and Conditions. Sponsors have final approval of any language or content that appears on its Facebook page and website and may not promote or endorse third-party products, services, trademarked or registered articles, or language, items or content deemed inappropriate or offensive by Sponsors in its sole discretion, and such images may be deemed inadmissible and corresponding entries may be disqualified. Each photo entry must be submitted electronically.
- To enter the contest, you must:
- Submit a photo of your Goodwill Find, tag #GoodwillSoCalFinds and tell us why you love it.
- Go to www.goodwillsocal.org/ShareTheGoodwillLove
- Follow instructions to enter
- No purchase is required. One photo may be entered per person. Only completed entries will be accepted. By entering this Contest you are granting Sponsors the right to upload photos submitted through this process to its social media and web pages, using your name, likeness, city, and state of residence.
- Entrants will upload their photo on Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram, add a caption and MUST include the hashtag #GoodwillSoCalFinds. Photos will then be pulled into and managed on Goodwill Southern California’s contest app on GLEAM. No purchase is required. By entering this Contest you are granting Sponsors the right to upload photos submitted through this process to their social media and web pages, using your name, likeness, city, and state of residence. Entrants are eligible to win once uploading their photo on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #GoodwillSoCalFinds and completing the registration form on the Gleam contest page.
- Sponsors are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, or otherwise misdirected entries that are processed late or incorrectly or are lost due to a computer or electronic malfunction or other error. Online Entries must include a valid e-mail address for the entrant. Sponsors and their Related Entities and assigns are not responsible for any problems or technical, hardware, or software malfunctions of any telephone network or telephone lines, failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by the Sponsors due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion, unavailable network connections on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest. All entries become the property of the Sponsors and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsors reserve the right to, in its sole discretion, cancel, modify or suspend any portion of this Contest (or the entire Contest) should any computer virus, bugs or other technical difficulty or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsors corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Contest.
4. ELIGIBILITY AND JUDGING: Images will be judged on creativity, composition and acceptable standards of regarding Goodwill Finds. The judges are a panel of Sponsors staff members. Sponsors shall determine winner eligibility in its sole and absolute discretion. All decisions made by the judges are final.
5. CONTEST PERIOD: Online entries can be uploaded starting 12:00 am Pacific Standard Time on February 1, 2018. Deadline for submitting entries is 11:59 pm Pacific Standard Time on February 14, 2018. Winners will be announced on or before February 16, 2018. GSC Has the right to cancel contest promotion at any time.
6. CLAIMING PRIZES/RELEASES: Winners are required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and a liability and publicity release (unless prohibited by law), a W-9 Form and any additional documents that may be required by Sponsors, within two (2) days of notification. If selected potential Prize Winner(s) fail to comply with the Official Rules and/or to submit required documentation within the designated period, or the Prize is undeliverable, Prize Winner(s) will be disqualified and the Prize(s) will be awarded to an alternate Winner(s). Prize(s) will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible entries are received and properly claimed. Eligibility, age, and claims made by Prize Winner are subject to verification. Prize(s) will be sent to verified Winner(s) by mail or can be picked up at GSC office.
7. PRIZES AND WINNING PHOTOS: 5 winners will be selected to win (2) $25 gift cards each. Each winner will receive (2) $25 ARCO gift cards totaling $50 in value. Distribution of the prizes is subject to verification of an affidavit of eligibility and a liability and publicity release by the winning entrants. No substitution of prizes is offered, except at the sole discretion of Sponsors. Prizes are nontransferable. All winners are solely responsible for any state and federal taxes on his/her Prize. Only one Prize will be awarded per entrant. Prize Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on the prize, and all other expenses, costs or fees associated with the acceptance and/or use of any prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution, cash redemption, assignment, or transfer of any prize permitted, but the Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event that an offered prize is unavailable for any reason. Prize Winner must supply the Sponsors with his/her social security number for tax purposes. If Prize Winner notification or Prize is returned as undeliverable, Prize Winner is ineligible, or Prize Winner declines a Prize, an alternate winner will be selected from among all remaining entries. If your photo entry is selected, you grant Sponsors a nonexclusive right to use your name, city, state and country of residence in connection with the Share the Love Contest, promotions and other publications and broadcasts and to publish the photos submitted for Sponsors promotional and advertising purposes in any format or medium, including but not limited to the Goodwill Southern California website, publications and presentations, such as newsletters, annual reports, brochures, public service announcements, grant proposals, awards, displays, mailings, invitations and paid or non-paid print and broadcast advertising. The value of the ARCO gift card is $25 per gift card and each winner will receive (2) $25 ARCO gift cards. All entrants agree to allow GSC and/or its designees the perpetual right to use his/her name, biographical information, photo, and/or like likeness (real or simulated), and statements for contest promotion, advertising, marketing and publicity purposes in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, in perpetuity, including but not limited to on the world wide web and internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation except where prohibited by law.
8. LEGAL CONDITIONS: By entering this contest, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Sponsors and Related Entities from any and all third party liability for any injuries, loss, claim, action, demand or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the competition (collectively, “Losses”), including without limitation any third party claim for copyright infringement or a violation of an individual’s right to privacy and/or publicity right. The Contest shall be construed and evaluated according to the laws of the United States and applicable state and local laws. The Contest is void where prohibited by law. Each entrant in the Contest (“Entrant”) is responsible for ensuring that he or she has the right to submit the photos that he or she submits to the Contest per these rules. You agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved with Goodwill Southern California, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, before a court of competent jurisdiction located in Los Angeles, California, which court shall apply the laws of the State of California without regard for rules of conflicts of law. IN ANY SUCH DISPUTE, PARTICIPANT SHALL NOT BE ENTITLED TO ANY PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS’ FEES, OR ANY DAMAGES OTHER THAN PARTICIPANT’S ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES (IF ANY) ASSOCIATED WITH PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST. YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR INCREASED. The Contest and Sponsors’ web site are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a winner based on an e-mail address or authorized Facebook account holder (deemed to be the natural person who is assigned to a Facebook profile) of record at the time of the Contest Period, the winning entry will be declared made by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the e-mail address or Facebook account submitted at time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address of Facebook Account during the Contest Period, by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, Facebook, or other organization (e.g., business, education institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted entry. Use of automated devices is not valid for entry.
- If, for any reason, the photo competition is not capable of completion as planned, including but not limited to, any reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsors that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the photo competition, Sponsors reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the photo competition without penalty.
9. WINNERS LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To receive a list of the Winners (available after February 16, 2018), or a copy of the Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope to be received by April 1, 2018 to Goodwill Southern California – ATTN: Marketing Department, Share the Love Contest, 342 N. San Fernando Road, Los Angeles, CA, 90031. Please specify “Official Rules” or “Winners List” on the outer envelope.