It’s the ultimate win-win. Your organization can earn thousands while helping advance Goodwill Southern California’s mission.
How donation drives work
The program is simple:
- We deliver donation bins to your site on the scheduled event date.
- Goodwill attendant(s) will be on-hand for up to 3 hours to pack the bins with acceptable donations.
- Your organization will receive $50 for every bin full of acceptable donation items. (A 15 bin minimum is required.)
A donation drive is an excellent opportunity to raise much-needed funds and to support Goodwill’s no-cost career training and placement services for individuals with disabilities and vocational disadvantages.
Together we can make a difference in our communities and in our world.
For more information on hosting a donation drive, please contact our Donations Drive Fundraising Coordinator at 323.539.2092 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Donation Drive Schedule
Attend a Donation Drive Fundraiser in Your Community
Help enrich community groups and care for the planet, by donating to a local Goodwill Donation Drive Fundraiser in your neighborhood. See our Donation Guidelines for a list of acceptable donation items. PLEASE NOTE: The information detailed here applies to Donation Drives for Goodwill Southern California only. Locations in Long Beach/South Bay, Ventura, Santa Barbara, San Diego and Orange County are operated independently.
Fundraising Tips for a Successful Donation Drive
- Start collecting items before the event. Pre-collection is KEY.
- Pass out flyers to everyone you know and distribute them at homes throughout the community.
- Hang posters around your event location and at businesses throughout the community.
- Post event details on Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, blogs and on your organization’s website.
- Call local radio stations and request a shout-out.
- Volunteer to help family and friends clean out their garages, attics or closets and deliver items to the drive.
- Request donations from employers or coworkers.
- Organize a pick up for items from those who cannot bring them to your drive (eg: senior centers, local business, etc.).
- Collect unclaimed items from lost and found or laundromats in your community.
- Contact realtors who may have clients that moved and left sellable items behind.
- Organize a competition to motivate students or group members to collect donations.
Martin Luther King High hosts first donation drive
Martin Luther King (MLK) High School’s softball team was the first to host and kick off Goodwill Southern California’s Donation Drive Fundraising program. The event successfully raised $7,000 for the softball program.